Sunday, February 5, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal…

In my life this week… we have been keeping busy and just plugging along. My 2 youngest children have been sick and are now on the mend.
In our homeschool this week… Emily has begun a new unit in science, dealing with magnetism and electricity.  That has been fun for all of us.  I will share some of the experiments we have been doing next week.  
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… One thing that has really helped me this week, well really this month has been to reach out more.  I have been reaching out more in my online groups and trying to reach out more in real life situations. Real life is harder for me though.  I am getting there. 
I am inspired by… See this post!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… No where, and loving it!!
What’s working/not working for us…  While we are sticking with our curriculum for now, I am not sure for how long.  It is just to much for us really.  It is taking all day to get through it and there is so much pressure from our parent school to meet their timelines. 
Questions/thoughts I have… Next year?  What am I going to do next year?  Homeschool, Public School?  What curriculum?  Etc.  I definitely love homeschooling.  I often feel selfish for feeling like it takes away from any social life I would have.  Some of my neighbors meet for moms groups and things.  I just don’t have the time for that.  I find myself feeling a little jealous at times.  I am just reevaluating my why.  I am sure I will work through it and be just fine. 
Things I’m working on… Encouraging  my children to branch out with their friendships.  They each have friends they play with on a regular basis, and they are comfortable with that.  However, I want them to be able to go out and make friends.
I’m reading… ' target=_blank>Charlotte Fig Takes Over Paradise. I just started and so far it has me wanting to read it every chance I get.
I’m cooking… Nothing out of the ordinary.  I am hoping to bake some sugar cookies this week for Valentines Day. 
I’m grateful for… So much!  Really so much!!
I’m praying for… My son.  He is going to have some tough decisions come up real soon.  He wants to become and Eagle Scout.  Conflicts will be inevitable.  He will have to choose what is important to him.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share… P1010077
This is linked up to The Homeschool Mothers Journal. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...