Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stepping out of your comfort zone…

Recently I have been stepping out of my comfort zone more and more. 

MP900431281

I took a huge leap and planned a Valentine’s Day event.  I invited families I from a homeschool group that I am not all that involved with.  The party was a huge success and my children as well as their children all made new friends.  I didn’t over plan the party and left time for playing and mingling.  Everyone enjoyed that!!

I have been sticking myself in situations that I normally wouldn’t.  For instance, my daughters and I take an art class.  We are brand new at it and I have been willing to show my art work.  Even amongst the more advanced.  I felt good about it.

I have been starting up small chat conversations with random people.  Now, my husband has always done this.  He is much more outgoing than I am.  I am working on it.   I began chatting with a lady at a family church event and it turns out she is one of my neighbors.

We went bowling and I began talking to some people around us and they are homeschoolers too, with a daughter Emily’s age! 

Stepping out of your comfort zone can be an awfully scary thing to do.   Often times your fear takes over.  What are you afraid of anyway?  Right?  

For me it has turned out very rewarding.

Photo Credit

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...