Thursday, October 20, 2011

Educating the WholeHearted Child

Apologia is a very well known company in the homeschooling community.

Educating the WholeHearted Child is also a very well known book in the homeschooling community.

Clay and Sally Clarkson are also well known in the homeschooling community. They are the authors of this book.  

While this book has been around a while, since 1994.  It went into it’s 3rd and best yet printing in 2011. 

This printing has been “extensively revised and expanded”.  The book is 334 pages, 18 chapters, broken up into 4 sections.

Section 1: Home

Section 2: Learning

Section 3: Methods

Section 4: Living

There are also 3 resource sections:

A: Books for the WholeHearted Family

B: Books for WholeHearted Learning

C: Forms for WholeHearted Learning

There are also some pages to take notes in the back. 

To see the complete table of contents click here.  You can even read a sample chapter here.

This book is so well organized, that if you are not (like me) then sections you would want to review are so easy to find.  This is the kind of book that every homeschool parent needs to own.  Honestly I checked out the First Edition of this book from the library a few months ago, there were so many notes I was taking and times I wanted to highlight.  I ended up returning the book and I came home and was just going to purchase it.  I hadn’t got around to it yet, and then I found out we we were going to be reviewing it.  I signed up immediately and was very grateful to receive it.   

At first it feels so big and overwhelming but as you get into it, it is the kind of book you just can’t stop reading!  It is so encouraging and while it is not a curriculum, it helps you to be able to wade through all the curriculum choices out there and make the decisions that are right for your family.

This book is $22 from Apologia.  It is a book that will be referred to often. 

 

To see what others thought of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to write my review.

1 comment:

Debra said...

That is so cool that you were planning a purchase...

I need to look into this. I am needing encouragement. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...