Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dissecting A Flower

DSC02342

With our Botany Science we got to dissect a flower.  We are lucky enough to have two big patches of poppies in our yard.  They are absolutely beautiful when they bloom.  (I was going to go take a picture of one of them, but the weather took them all away before I did)

DSC02348

I wasn’t going to take pictures of us while we were doing it, I really wanted to focus on it with the kids.  So this is our finished paper.  They each had their own. 

They loved doing this so much, in fact I overheard them telling their friends what fun it was.  (I did a secret “yes” fist pump)

9 comments:

Wendi said...

This looks really cool! This summer I have been trying to do a mini nature study of our wildflower garden with the kiddos...taking pics of it's progress, id-ing the flowers...disecting a couple of the flowers would be a great activity to add :)

momma24 said...

We did this too and the kids have been pointing out the different parts and talking about it to everyone! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

What a fun looking project! You know it's a hit when the friends hear about it (I love those moments)!

I'm following you on Google Friend now. :-)

Welcome to the Crew!

Lisa C. from the Crew
www.teachthemhisways.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

This seems to be the time to study and dissect flowers. I've come across a lot of blogs lately that are featuring this :) I love hands on ways to teach.. Thanks for sharing this..Stopped by from the TOS Crew. Looking forward to getting to know you this year.

Honey said...

This looks like such a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings
Honey

Unknown said...

it's that so cool when you teach them something they brag about? I'm a follower now, BTW!

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

I agree - when the Fun Meter gets passed on to friends its a hit!!! What a fun project!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that great when they love things your doing so much!

Tonia said...

We're studying plants right now - this will be a perfect addition. Great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...