A while ago I saw this great Snack Basket Idea over on My Family My Forever. I knew I was going to try it. It just took me a while to get around to it. But 2 weeks ago I did it. I filled them up with random items from around the house. I drew up some little cards for foods that are in the fridge (Gogurt, Cheese for Crackers, etc.). They have on their workbox schedule one snack card per day. Generally, I don’t care when they have it. They ha
They have been much more diligent with eating since they know the rules.
The rules are:
- I will be refilling every 2 weeks, no sooner.
- No trading (I may allow this in the future, but not for now)
- You must still eat your meals.
- If you are going to have a snack when a friend is over, you need to get special permission, (that way I can make sure we have enough for the friend)
- You may not touch someone else’s snack basket.
So for the last 2 weeks the kids have given these rave reviews. I highly recommend this idea.
Thanks Susana for sharing it.