Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our School Area 2011

Not Back to School Blog Hop

 

We are not lucky enough to have a school room, but we are lucky enough to live in a learning environment.  We learn anywhere and everywhere.  Let me take you on a tour.  Beware, I did not clean it for these photos, this is real life baby!

 

Our Front Room

We love our couch.  It is a Sactional.  Which really is the coolest couch around.  We set it up for movies, discussions, reading parties, and we even build forts out of it. 

P1020946

We also have our computer station in the corner of this room.

P1020947

I also have a bookshelf that has the current books we are using, along with some others thrown in there.  I rotate the books on this shelf every couple of months.

  P1020976

 

Tyler has a play area here as well.

P1020948

We keep Tommy’s telescope right here, near our front door for quick set up.

P1020954

Our Kitchen/Dining Area

We do most of our bookwork/ worksheet/ science/ art at the table.  

  P1020951

I also have a kiddie table just right for Katey and Tyler, they do many things there, from eating sometimes, to art, to worksheets, coloring, puzzles, and even sleeping.

P1020830

We have a island that divides the front room and kitchen.  My laptop usually sits on that, and if the kids need to be separated then I send one of them to the counter.

  P1020952

Under the counter is where I store our workboxes.     

P1020970

Upstairs

The kids’ bedrooms are upstairs, they do some reading and such in their rooms.  I also have a big storage closet up here, which I am ashamed to show you.  I assure you it is on my to do list to clean out and organize that thing. 

 

P1020965P1020966   P1020967

In my bedroom I have a Lovesac, which the kids love to read on.

  P1020955

 

My closet is where Tommy works on his models.  It is perfect to keep little kids out of. 

P1020956P1020957

I also have a smaller coat closet upstairs, in the bottom of it I have a big drawers which is where I store many manipulatives, flashcards, beans, misc. things.

P1020964

 

Outside 

We are a huge outdoors family.  We love to learn outside. 

 

The kids have a secret hidden fort back here, can you see it?

P1020971

We do tons of reading and nature study in these chairs on the lawn. 

P1020972

When we need some shade we move them into the garage. 

P1020973

 

Well that is the grand tour of our major learning areas.   

 

This is linked up to Heart of the Matter’s Not Back to School Blog Hop.  To see other cool learning areas be sure and check it out. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN! LOL - I like the napping table, I have a friend that would share some of the weirdest positions her little girl would eventually end up in...ha ha ha

We do nature studies too! Thank you for sharing your learning spaces with us and see you around the blog hop!

Happpy HOMEschooling. ;)

Sparklee said...

Looks like a great learning space--I love the sleeping photo! I remember the days when my kids would just sack out wherever they were!

We love to learn outside, too! The secret fort is really cool!

Have a fun year of learning together!

MissMOE said...

Love,love this post. Thanks for keeping it real. Love the sleeping table--why nap in bed when you can nap and be in the thick of things. I'm now following, so I can read more of your posts.

fixedonHIM said...

Great use of space- have an awesome year!

Unknown said...

Stopping off from the NBTS Hop. Your school areas look similar to ours. ALL OVER !!! :^) Love that. One of my favorite places to school is on our front porch swing. :^)

Lil' Momma
Living with a hard working husband, 1 toddler, 1 preschooler and 1 middle schooler who are Five in Training for HIM

Jade Clark said...

Aww, I love the sleeping picture, so sweet! And having the closet for models is a brilliant idea!

Sarah said...

It looks like you've done a great job with the space you have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...