Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kids creating what they want.





This week we spent some time painting which is rare in our house.  I’ll admit, I am afraid of the hassle of painting.  The mess scares me.   I bought some Crayola washable paints and some inexpensive paint brushes.  I laid out paper on across our kitchen table.  This unprinted newspaper comes in handy so often. 




I read them a few poems out of Where the Sidewalk Ends, by Shel Silverstein.




I explained some rules to them such as paint only on the paper, and ask me if you need more paint, mind your own space.  Then I let them paint while I continued to read.  
P1010238

I wasn’t able to take many pictures as I was regulating and reading. 

P1010239

The little ones loved this.  Katey told me it was the best school day ever!  They loved having the ability to be able to create whatever they wanted with no rules as to that.    Katey’s started out as grass and progressed into a flower garden. It ended up as a mixture of paint colors
P1010291  P1010290

I now feel much more confident in letting the kids create with paint.  So be sure to stay tuned for some more painting projects in the future. 

I am linking this up to StART

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...