Friday, May 27, 2011

TOS Crew ~ A Review

 

The Old Schoolhouse is commonly known for their amazing magazine, geared toward homeschoolers.  Let me tell you, I look forward to getting it every time! 

 Photobucket

Product I am reviewing:  My year long journey on The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew.

Photobucket

 

Summary of Product :  I have been honored to be a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew for the past year.  I have received many many educational products to review during this time.

 

I know not all of my readers homeschool, however many of these products would work over the summer and for remedial subjects.  So homeschooler or not, be sure to check out my reviews here

 

 

My thoughts:  Whew!   What a fun and sometimes stressful ride.  It has been so neat to be able to receive these products many of which I would have either not been able to afford or that I had not heard of before.   Our experience has been one that we have learned WE ALL NEED TO BE FLEXIBLE.  There were times when I had to plan ahead as to how I was going to incorporate review items into our school routine.  There were times when I had/wanted to drop certain subjects for a time period, in order to use review items.   There were times when it was down right survival mode, such as when we moved.  There were times when I would double and triple check lists, either in disbelief that I was on them, or sadness that I wasn’t. 

 

 

My children’s thoughts: 

They enjoyed being able to change it up often. 

It was hard because we were not able to finish many of the curriculums that we received.  We put them aside to come back to.  We have Summer plans for many of them.   There were times when our plates were just too full and we had to let some things go.  There were many math reviews.  I also had them keeping up on their math curriculum for the year.  So math got a little overwhelming for them.  There were many many math drill reviews.  Tommy does not like drills.  So Emily was my main drill tester, and I was surprised that she never got burned out on drills. 

 

Cost ~  Your time.  Your energy.  Your passion.

 

Did you know that The Old Schoolhouse is more than just a magazine?  They have an amazing store full of homeschooling items. 

HSDollarYELLOWlowres

They also have an entire Homeschool Dollar Store which has just been updated with many new things.

 

Photobucket

Some of my favorites are The Curiosity Files for $1 you could have the best Summer week ever! (see my review of The Curiosity Files –Quicksand here.)  Only some of them are $1 currently, however they do change them. 

 

They even have some FREE resources.

If you are new to homeschooling, check out there new homeschooler bundles here.  They have a variety based on your children’s ages. 

Photobucket

One of my favorite things from The Old Schoolhouse Store is definitely the planner.  I purchased mine months after I began homeschooling and use it still almost daily.  The best money I spent.  The new 2011 planner has a different cover than the one shown here. 

Photobucket

Just last week I attended The Old Schoolhouse Expo.  What a way to refresh and get a start on what is next for us.  Don’t worry that you missed it, they offer it to go here.  This is an expo that you can do right from the comfort of… well,  wherever you want. 

 

I would also like to send a special Thank You shout out to:

Heidi – Who is our Crew Captain and blogs about all things Disney!

Brenda- Who keeps us in line and honestly she reminds me of me!

Penny- Who was my personal mentor and blogs about all things Autism!  She also has many great GFCFSF recipes.

 

Others reviewed for The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew check out our crew blog to learn so much.

 

Stay tuned for our top ten items we reviewed coming soon.  Also we just got done voting for The Seaworthy Awards so stay tuned on our crew blog for that!

 

Photobucket

I am VERY blessed to be able to continue my journey with TOS Crew next year as well. 

 

{I have not or will not receive any compensation for this review.  All opinions expressed herein are my own and your experience may differ.}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...